What is IntimaLase ®?
IntimaLase® is a unique, patent-pending Er:YAG laser therapy for incisionless, non-invasive photothermal tightening of the vaginal canal. Clinical studies have shown that IntimaLase is an efficient, easy-to-perform, and safe procedure.
The indication for IntimaLase is vaginal relaxation syndrome, which is the loss of the optimum structural form of the vagina. This condition is generally associated with overstretching of the vaginal canal during childbirth as well as with natural aging.
How does IntimaLase® work?
- Fotona’s 2940 nm Er:YAG non-ablative laser with proprietary “Smooth-mode” technology thermally affects the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen remodeling and the synthesis of new collagen fibers in the vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia.
- The final result of collagen neogenesis and remodeling is tightening of the vaginal canal.
Unique advantages of IntimaLase® for your patients
As a non-ablative, minimally invasive procedure with Er:YAG, IntimaLase™ also represents a safer, faster and more patient-friendly solution that avoids the undesirable complications present with other vaginal tightening methods.
Clinical results show a tightened vaginal canal, greater sexual satisfaction and significant improvement in a patient’s quality of life.
Usually two sessions are recommended. No special pre-op preparation or post-op precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal everyday activities.
Exceptional clinical results
The latest scientific results (see the Library tab) clearly show great improvements in vaginal tightness and sexual gratification.
- 95% assessed the change of their vaginal tightness as strongly or moderately improved after IntimaLase treatment.
- Average shrinkage of vaginal canal after IntimaLase treatment was 17%.
- High level of patient satisfaction (97%).
Clinical results prove that the fast and easy-to-perform IntimaLase treatment is an effective, non-invasive procedure with no undesired side effects or contraindications.